Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Soul Mate"

Sometimes I find it difficult to simply pour my heart out. I say simply, because what is it if not simple? It's my heart and no one knows it better than I do; so, why to I find myself putting up walls and not confessing to myself the way that I feel? Life has a way of catching up with you, and I'm not sure I want it to. At least, not knowing what I know and keeping it all bottled up inside of me. Writing about my thoughts has become an escape for me. A way to let my feelings out without fear of immediate accusation. I like this; No, I love it. I ask you, person I can not see, is it too much to ask for love? For someone who seems to know you better than you know yourself? For someone who will always be there for you? I know I am young and some may even say naive, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I am looking for. I am determined to find it sooner or later. People would not describe me as one to give up on anything I see in my head and this is no exception. I know I am not perfect, yet, I can't help but wish for someone out there to see me as their other half. No, I don't believe that everyone has a soul mate. Rather, we are all part of one big soul that breathes and loves as one. It is our calling to find a part of our collective soul that we can share our life with and love until the end of our time. Maybe even after; for true love knows no distance. It always finds a way to survive.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment